A Beautiful Setting to Respect and Reflect
What Will Happen in Phase I?
- Park construction on 10 acres of land overlooking the water of the Iron River Flowage
- Clearing land of debris, shrubs & trees to burn brush piles & remove the last of the tree roots
- IR Fire Department to conduct burn of downed trees & debris
- Electricity and water brought to the site
- Set grade for walking paths, parking lot, driveway & Memorial site
- Surface these areas for use; handicapped accessible
- Designate picnic area and eventually a full playground
- Construct Memorial & site area (this is a special project within Phase I; details will be highlighted as it develops)
- Maintenance building erected for utilities, well enclosure & small equipment storage.
What Phase I Projects Have been Completed?
- Secured property from Bayfield County & completed soil testing as well as various re-zoning requirements
- Official Groundbreaking Celebration was 5-18-18
- Completed land surveying & design plan
- Majority of timber cleared & some root removal
- Erected timber poles for oversized Park sign (visible from Hwy #2)
- Worked (and continue to work) with various possibilities for volunteers and in-kind or cash donations